Need a quick chocolate fix? Forgot to grab dessert at the store? Want to do a fun activity with the kids? Whatever the reason – we’ve got you covered. Microwave mug cakes are truly underrated, they’re quick, easy and tasty. What’s not to love? Try this simple chocolate mug cake to satisfy your cravings!
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk the milk, egg, and vegetable oil together. Slowly add the dry ingredients and whisk until batter is clump free.
- Pour the batter about half way into a mug (make sure it’s microwave safe!).
- Add a dollop of chocolate spread into the middle
- Microwave mug cake for about 2 minutes. Top with some whipped cream and raspberries. Enjoy!
To change up the flavour of your mug cake, try swapping the chocolate spread for peanut butter or Nutella!
Lead image: VeselovaElena via Getty Images.