Salmon fillets, lime and a mix of Asian spices combine to make these delicious (and healthy) salmon burgers – the perfect twist on a traditional Friday fish dinner.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lime, zest only
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 20g unsalted cashews, finely chopped
- 4cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 buns, to serve
- Grab a food processor and pop the salmon into the bowl, then blitz to create a coarse mixture. Transfer to bowl and leave to one side. In a separate bowl, combine the lime zest, chilli, cashews, ginger, tamarind paste, fish sauce and coriander, and mix well. Tip this into the bowl containing the salmon, along with the breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands, combing all the ingredients together and then divide into 4 equally sized balls. Now shape into patties, gently flattening down with your hands.
- Tip the flour onto a plate, and coat each salmon patty with the flour, then set to one side.
- Take a large frying pan and heat the sunflower oil, then carefully add the burgers to the pan. Fry on each side for 5-7 minutes, until the burgers are golden brown.
- Lightly toast the buns, then spread with mayonnaise and top with the burgers and any accompanying salad you like.
Lead image: bhofack2 via Getty images.