This delicious, super-green soup is packed full of nutrient rich, healthy vegetables. Perfect if you’re looking to add a few more veggies (and colour) into your diet!
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 350g asparagus, chopped, tips reserved
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Grab a saucepan and melt the butter and oil together, then fry the asparagus tips for a few minutes until just soft. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the shallots to the pan along with the chopped asparagus stalks and garlic, and cook over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the spinach and pour in the stock, then bring to the boil.
- Blitz everything together with a stick blender. Season generously, adding some hot water to loosen if necessary, then ladle into bowls.
- Scatter the reserved asparagus tips on top and serve with some crusty bread!
Lead image: sveta_zarzmora via Getty images.