Add a touch of luxury to your midweek meals with this delicious bacon-wrapped monkfish.
- 400g monkfish tail, sliced into 2 fillets
- 12 rashers rindless smoked streaky bacon
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3-4 tsp vinaigrette
- 225g bag watercress and salad leaves
- On your Cooks Professional chopping board, lay one tail of your monkfish. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and seasoning, then lay the other fillet on top. Try to lay it so that the tapering tip goes in the opposite direction, so each end has one thick and one thin end together.
- On a separate chopping board, lay the strips of bacon so that they overlap slightly. Add the monkfish to the centre, then wrap the bacon around the fish until it holds together firmly.
- Heat the grill for 5 minutes, then line the grill pan. Lay the monkfish on the grill pan, making sure that the bacon joins are underneath.
- Grill the monkfish for between 7-10 minutes, or until the bacon starts to go crispy, then carefully turn the fish over and cook the other side for another 7-10 minutes. While the monkfish is cooking, halve the tomatoes, and grill those alongside the fish. When the monkfish feels firm to the touch, remove from the grill and set to one side to stand for 5 minutes. Save any of the pan juices from the greaseproof paper and drizzle into the vinaigrette.
- Use your Cooks Professional knife to slice the monkfish into medallions, on a slight diagonal. Use the vinaigrette and the juices from the pan to dress the watercress salad, and divide between four plates. Top the salad with the monkfish and season to taste. Serve with the grilled tomato and baby new potatoes.
Lead image: MikeBCornish via Getty Images.