The perfect sticky chicken to complement your barbecue buffet! Marinade your chicken overnight in our classic BBQ sauce, and simply cook on the barbecue for a tasty treat.
- 6 chicken wings
- 6 chicken drumsticks
For the marinade
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp grated orange zest
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and whisk together with a balloon whisk. Set to one side. In your Cooks Professional roasting dish, arrange the chicken wings. Slash the skin on the chicken drumsticks three or four times with your sharp Cooks Professional knife, and then place in the roasting dish with the chicken wings.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Turn the chicken occasionally so that the meat really soaks up that great barbecue flavour.
- Fire up the barbecue, and place the marinaded chicken over medium-hot coals. Cook for roughly 20 minutes, making sure to brush any extra marinade over the chicken as it cooks. If you notice the chicken colouring too quickly, move it to a cooler side of the barbecue to allow it to cook at a gentler heat.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked all the way through. Use a skewer to pierce a drumstick; the juices should run clear. If it runs pink, keep cooking for a while longer.
- Alternatively, you can cook in the oven at 200℃/180℃/gas mark 6. Keep the chicken in your Cooks Professional roasting dish, with any leftover marinade, and cook in the oven for around 50 minutes. Turn the chicken occasionally, basting with the marinade. Serve immediately once cooked.
Lead image: Tatiana Volgutova via Getty Images.