Total:5 hrs 40 mins Servings:8
- 2 cups coarsely crumbled gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup non fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 cups blackberries, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- To prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Process cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Add oil and process until well combined. Using your fingertips or the back of a spoon, press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until just set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the filling: Whip cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until starting to thicken. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt.
- Clean out the bowl of the food processor and puree 2 cups blackberries. Pour the puree through a sieve into the yogurt-cream mixture, pressing on the solids to strain out as much of the puree as possible. Add lemon zest and gently fold the flavorings into the yogurt-cream mixture.
- Spread the flavored yogurt-cream mixture into the cooled crust. Top with the remaining 1 cup blackberries. Freeze until very firm, at least 5 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 15 minutes, before slicing.