This classic brunch favourite, made famous by a young, Parisian bartender in the 1920s, packs a spicy kick and is a great ‘hair of the dog’ remedy for a hangover.
- 200ml tomato juice
- 50ml vodka
- 2 tbsp sherry
- Pinch of celery salt
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Celery sticks and lemon wedges, to serve
- Pop some ice into a tall glass and pour in the tomato juice, vodka and sherry.
- Stir in the celery salt using a long-handled spoon, then season to taste with the Worcestershire sauce, tobasco and lemon juice.
- Serve with the celery stalks, lemon wedges and couple of grinds of fresh black pepper.
Lead image: AlexPro9500 via Getty images.