This is the perfect sweet treat for you to make from the comfort of your own home. Blueberry and white chocolate is the perfect combination for a truly gourmet fudge!
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 600g white chocolate
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Add the blueberries, cornstarch, and lemon juice to a saucepan, and cook over a medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Mash the blueberries slightly and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture has thickened; this should take roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Using a sieve, strain the blueberry mixture into a bowl. Separate roughly 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into a separate bowl to use for decoration.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish with butter, and then line it with greaseproof paper.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate. Cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously for about 8-10 minutes until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, butter, and kosher salt, then remove from the heat. Add all of the blueberry mixture to the fudge apart from the 3-4 tablespoons you’ve set to one side, and then only stir it once or twice so that it’s incorporated without being too mixed in. We should still have that white chocolate colour to the fudge.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the fudge to the prepared tin. Drop small spoonfuls of the remaining blueberry mixture onto the top, using a toothpick to give it a swirled, marble effect.
- Place the fudge in the fridge to set; this should take between 2-3 hours. Once set, remove from the fridge and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Lead image: Alison Henley via Getty images.