Providing 1 of your 5 a day, these delicious low-fat muffins are packed full of carrot cake flavours. Perfect for a healthy-ish treat!
- 800g canned cannellini beans, drained
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g porridge oats
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp rapseed oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested
- 170g carrot, grated
- 100g raisins
- 80g pecans, roughly chopped, plus 12 extra for decorating
- 2tsp baking powder
- Begin by heating your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4, then line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases. Pop the beans into a bowl and add the cinnamon, oats, eggs, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and orange zest. Grab a stick blender and blitz everything together until smooth.
- Stir in the carrots, raisins, chopped pecans and baking powder and mix. Spoon into the paper cases, then top each muffin with a reserved pecan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then allow to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Lead image: Candice Bell via Getty images.