New Years Eve and champagne go hand in hand, and if you’re throwing a dinner party to see 2020 in, these delicious raspberry possets fit the bill perfectly!
- 140g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tbsp champagne
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Freeze dried or dehydrated raspberry pieces
- Shortbread biscuits, to serve
- Begin by popping the raspberries and champagne in a food processor and blitz together until you have a smooth puree. Tip out into a sieve and push through over a bowl using a wooden spoon, then discard any seeds and pulp left behind.
- Now take a saucepan and pop in the sugar and cream. Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat until the cream is just beginning to boil, then allow to bubble away for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then stir in the raspberry and champage puree. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then decant into two glasses. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then scatter over the dried raspberry pieces. Return to the fridge and chill for at least two hours.
- Serve with the shortbread biscuits.
Lead image: 8vFanl via Getty images.