This simple dish is packed full of flavour, and is the perfect midweek meal if you’re after something tasty in a hurry.
- 200g gnocchi
- 200g chetsnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsps dried sage
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Knob of butter for frying
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the knob of butter, and allow to melt for a few minutes. Add the crushed garlic and the sage, frying for a few minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms – you may need to add a little more butter if necessary to ensure they become crisp.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, prepare the gnocchi. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi as per the packet instructions. Drain, and add them to the frying pan with the mushrooms. Cook until the gnocchi is beautifully golden, so as to give it more of a crunch.
- Plate up the gnocchi, and sprinkle the grated parmesan to garnish. Serve immediately.
Lead image: zi3000 on Getty images.