Ditch the takeaway and make the nation’s favourite curry at home instead! For a spicier kick, try adding some fresh chillies or 1 tsp of chilli powder to the mix!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm piece of root ginger
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp masala curry paste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 50ml water
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and yoghurt into a blender or food processor and blitz until you have a smooth mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chopped onion. Fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Stir in the masala curry paste and fry for a further minute over a medium heat.
- Add the tomato mixture and chicken to the pan and mix together, then season well with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and water together, then add this to the pan off the heat and stir well.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to a gentle heat, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the chopped coriander and serve immediately along with rice or cous cous.
Lead image: thesomegirl via Getty images.