The perfect partners, this chocolate and cherry fudge is unbelievably easy to make, and also makes a perfect homemade gift.
- 250g dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- 30g dried sour cherries
- 150g caramel or dulce de leche
- Line a 18cm brownie tin (or similar) with cling film.
- Pour some freshly boiled water into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan, and add the chocolate and butter to the bowl. Stir gently until everything has melted.
- Add in the sour cherries along with the caramel, and mix everything together. Pour your chocolately mixture into your prepared tin.
- Chill in the fridge for around 1 hour until it has set, then turn it out onto a board and remove the cling film. Chop into squares and serve.
Lead image: bhofack2 via Getty images.