Sometimes the stars align and grant us a special day such as World Nutella Day falling on hump day! If, like us, you’re taking part in this very special event then this chocolate hazelnut cheesecake is the perfect way to celebrate.
- 140g unsalted butter
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 500g cream cheese
- 85g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Ferrero Rocher, chopped
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 25g hazelnuts, chopped
- Begin by melting the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, then blitz the biscuits in a food processor. Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs, then pulse until everything comes together. Tip into a springform cake tin and press firmly in to make the base. Pop in the fridge to set.
- Grab a bowl and beat together the cream cheese and icing sugar until soft. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream and vanilla until you have soft peaks, then gently fold into the cream cheese.
- Stir through the chopped Ferrero Rocher, then spoon the mixture over the base and smooth out. Cover with cling film, return to the fridge and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Once the cheesecake has set, melt the Nutella over a low heat for about 3-4 minutes until it is runny. Allow to cool slightly, then pour over the top of the cheesecake and spread to the edges. Release from the tine and decorate with the chopped hazelnuts.
Lead image: Arx0nt via Getty images.