These are a real treat. Refreshing and sweet, these will make a great addition to any barbecue party.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 4 tbsp tinned coconut milk
- 75g sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium heat, and lightly brush with some oil.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in one dish, and mix together.
- Coat the pineapple rings in the coconut milk, and then dip into the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cook for around 6 minutes on each side.
- Whilst the pineapple rings are cooking, combine any remaining cinnamon sugar and coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil to create a sauce.
- Serve the pineapple rings with a scoop of vanilla icing, and drizzle with the sauce.
Lead image: LarisaBlinova via Getty images.