100% easy to make. 100% delicious. These vegetarian fritters with a zingy mango dip are the plant-based treat you need in your life right away!
For the fritters:
- 120g courgette, coarsely grated
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 50g frozen peas, thawed
For the mango yoghurt dip:
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- Season the grated courgette with the sea salt flakes, then set to one side.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, baking powder, flour and cumin, then season with some black pepper.
- Tip the courgette out onto a clean tea towel and squeeze the excess water out over the sink, then add to the batter along with the peas.
- In a large frying pan, heat just enough vegetable oil to cover the base over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, drop in one heaped tablespoon of the courgette mixture at a time, and flatten down with the back of a spoon to shape them into fritters.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, remove, and lay on some kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- To make the dip, mix together the yoghurt and mango chutney and serve alongside the fritters.
Lead image: from_my_point_of_view via Getty images.