Filled with rich aromas to get your mouth watering, our creamy pancetta and mushroom pasta will become a firm favourite weeknight meal. Perfect if you’re short on time midweek and still after a tasty meal!
- 130g pancetta
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 350g tagliatelle pasta
- 300ml double cream
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 50g parmesan, grated, plus extra to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in your Cooks Professional frying pan. Fry the mushrooms for several minutes until golden and crispy. Add the garlic and shallot and cook for a further minute. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the double cream and thyme sprigs, then lower the heat. Add the pancetta and cook until the cream thickens slightly.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta. Fill your Cooks Professional saucepan with boiling water and a dash of salt, then add the tagliatelle and allow to boil for several minutes until the pasta is cooked. Once cooked, drain the water and add the pasta to the sauce, stirring to make sure it’s well covered in sauce.
- Add the parmesan and stir to mix well, then remove from the heat and plate up. Add an extra sprinkling of parmesan to garnish if desired, then serve immediately.
Lead image: Vitaliy Krivchikov via Getty Images.