Perfect for a lighter dinner or lunch, this Greek inspired pie is an easy to make vegetarian dish that will also impress at dinner parties.
- 200g bag of spinach leaves
- 175g jar of sundried tomatoes, in oil
- 100g feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 125g pre-made filo pastry
- Heat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Pop the spinach into a large pan, pour over a couple of tbsp of water and cook until just wilted. Tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, and the squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and put in a bowl, add the spinach, crumble in the feta and then add the eggs. Mix well.
- Carefully unroll the filo pastry. Take one sheet and brush liberally with some of the oil from the sundried tomatoes jar. Drape, oil-side down, into a 22cm loose bottomed cake tin, ensuring that some of the pastry hangs over the side. Brush oil onto another piece, and drape into the tin at a different angle. Continue this process until you have three layers.
- Spoon the filling into the tin, and carefully pull the overhanging sides into the middle, scrunching up on the top to ensure that all the filling is covered. Brush the top with a little more oil. Top with the sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook the pie for around 30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove from the tin, slice and serve.
Lead image: KarpenkovDenis via Getty images.