There’s no denying it – Christmas is in full swing! And is there anything more ‘Christmassy’ than a good old mince pie? No, we don’t think so either.
- 225g cold butter, cubed
- 350g plain flour
- 100g icing sugar
- 410g jar mincemeat
- Begin by heating your oven to 200°C / 180°c Fan / Gas Mark 6. Take a food processor and whizz together the butter, flour and icing sugar until it comes together into a ball.
- Turn it out the dough, knead lightly for a couple of minutes and then cut into 12 equal pieces. Now, taking one piece of dough at time, cut off two-thirds and press into the base of a muffin tin hole. Repeat with each piece of dough until you have 12 open pie cases.
- Spoon the mincemeat into the pastry cases.
- Take the remaining 12 smaller pieces of dough, roll into a ball and flatten to make disc. You can either leave as a circle, or cut a shape out with a cookie cutter. Lay one piece on top of each pie, then prick the top to allow any steam to escape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden, then allow to cool in their tin. Once cool, remove from the tin, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Lead image: Mariha-kitchen via Getty images.