Pep up your salad with this combination of juicy, tender duck breast and fresh, zesty orange. Perfect for a lighter meal, or for a starter at any dinner party.
- 1 duck breast, trimmed and scored
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 large handful of mixed leaf lettuce
- 1/2 an orange, peeled and segmented
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Handful of pistachios, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 6. Place a frying pan over a medium heat, then lay the duck breast in skin-side down. Cook for five minutes, until the skin is crisp and browned.
- Drain off some of the fat released from the breast, then turn over and cook for a further three minutes until the flesh has browned. Transfer to a roasting dish, and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take all of your salad ingredients apart from the pistachios and combine in a bowl, mixing well.
- Remove the duck breast from the oven, slice and place on top of the salad. Finish with a scattering of pistachios.
Lead image: DronG via Getty images.