Ditch the take away and stay home with this super easy burrito recipe.
Try adding some of your favourite burrito toppings such as guacamole, soured cream, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, lettuce or chillies. Just pop them on top of the beef mixture before wrapping up the tortilla.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 500g beef mince
- 1/2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g canned black beans or kidney beans
- 8 flour tortillas
- 500g cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or casserole dish and fry the onions for about 8 minutes, then add the garlic, spices and oregano and cook for a further minute.
- Crumble over the mince and cook for 5 minutes until browned all over. Stir in the sugar and leave for a minute, then pour in the vinegar and the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then tip in the beans along with the water they are in from their can. Season, stir and simmer everything for 20 minutes until the beef is in a thick gravy.
- To make the burritos, heat the tortillas according to the instructions on their pack. Pile some cooked rice and beef mixture along the centre of each tortilla.
- Fold over the ends, and secure by rolling it up to seal.
Lead image: VeselovaElena via Getty images.