An added adult twist to a family favourite, this indulgent tiramisu is made using espresso, kahlua and vodka. A real show-stopper for any dinner party!
- 400ml strong black coffee
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp vodka
- 4 tbsp kahlua
- 500g mascarpone
- 600ml double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 2 tbsp espresso powder
- 300g sponge fingers
- 50g dark chocolate
- Take a bowl and mix together the black coffee, brown sugar, vodka and 3 tbsp of the kahlua, then set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix up the mascarpone for a couple minutes, then beat in the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla paste until you have soft peaks. Tip out 1/3 of the cream into another bowl, then mix the coffee powder with the rest of the kahlua and stir in to make a coffee cream.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the vodka-coffee mixture, then lay a single layer in the base of a large, serving dish. Spoon over 1/2 of the plain cream, then grate over a good layer of the dark chocolate. Add another layer of coffee-vodka dipper fingers, then spoon over the coffee cream and grate another generous layer or chocolate on top. Add another layer of soaked fingers, top with the rest of the plain cream and finish with a final grating of chocolate.
- Chill until ready to serve (for at least 4 hours) and dust with cocoa powder to finish.
Image source: AnnaPustynnikova via Getty images.