This Asian-influenced stir fry is a speedy one that’s perfect for a weeknight meal. Juicy prawns, crunchy bean sprouts and a slightly spicy sauce make this dish not only incredibly easy to make, but full of flavour.
Add a handful of roasted cashew nuts for an extra crunch!
- 250g medium egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced length ways
- 300g beansprouts
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 400g raw tiger prawns, peeled
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Cook the noodles following the packet instructions, then rinse and drain using cold water. Toss with 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Heat 2 tsps of groundnut oil in a non-stick wok and fry the beansprouts and most of the spring onions for a couple of minutes until tender. Add the noodles and stir through with the remaining sesame oil, before tipping the contents of the wok onto a serving dish.
- Wipe the wok clean with some kitchen paper, and return to the heat, adding the remaining groundnut oil. Add the garlic and chilli, and fry for ten seconds before adding in the prawns. Cook until the prawns have turned pink, then stir in the sugar and soy sauce and allow to come to a bubble.
- Spoon on top of the noodles and sprinkle with the remaining spring onions. Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Lead image: Lisovskaya via Getty images.