It’s #WorldPizzaDay, and this pizza dough recipe doesn’t only make an amazing, delicious base to build your favourite Italian treat on but is also 100% gluten free!
- 400g gluten-free bread flour
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Take a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer with dough hook attachment, and mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
- Make a well in the centre of the mix, and pour in 250ml warm water along with the olive oil. Working quickly, combine everything together with your hands until you have wet, paste-like mixture.
- Cover and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours before using.
Lead image: Nicholas77 via Getty images.