Providing 4 of your 5 a day, this peach salad not only makes a gorgeous summertime lunch, but is also 100% vegan.
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 2 peaches, stoned and quartered
- 75g quinoa
- 160g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, roughly shredded
- 60g rocket
- 1 avocado, stoned and sliced
- Mix together the lime zest and juice along with the mint and basil, then pour half of this mixture into a bowl with the peaches.
- Cook the beans for around 4 minutes until tender and, in a separate pan, cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- Place the peaches on a griddle and cook for 1 minute on each side. This can also be done in a large frying pan, however you won’t get those gorgeous grill marks.
- Drain the quinoa and divide between bowls. Toss the beans and onion with the remaining mint mixture and pile on top of the quinoa along with the lettuce and rocket. Adorn with the avocado and peach slices, and serve whilst still warm.
Lead image: IriGri8 via Getty images.