Crispy and salty, these cheese fries make the perfect party food for both adults and children. Serve alongside your favourite dipping sauce.
- 75g plain flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 225g packs of halloumi, cut into chips
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Mix the flour and paprika together in a bowl, then add the sliced halloumi in and toss to coat.
- Add the oil into a wide, heavy based saucepan until it fills a depth of around 1.5cm. Turn the heat on, and let it warm up until it is sizzling.
- Add in a few pieces of halloumi at a time and fry for 1-2 minutes, occasionally turning with tongs until golden and crispy all over. Transfer to a piece of kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil, and repeat with the remaining halloumi.
- Sprinkle the fries with salt, toss to coat, then scatter over the chopped coriander and chilli.
Lead image: DronG via Getty images.