With a spicy kick from harissa paste, this chicken traybake is super simple to make, but lacks nothing in the flavour department! Perfect for an easy midweek meal that all the family will love.
- 3 tbsp harissa paste
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Begin by heating your oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 6. Take a small bowl and mix together 2 tbsp of the harissa paste with 3 tbsp of the yoghurt.
- Slash the chicken breasts then rub this mixture all over them. Set to one side.
- Toss together the squash and onions with the remaining harissa paste, mixed with 2 tbsp of olive oil, season then tip into a roasting tin. Pop in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the veg from the oven, add the chicken, then return to the oven for a further 25 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining yoghurt and some rice or cous cous.
Lead image: Bartosz Luczak via Getty images.