This lamb recipe is absolutely packed full of flavour, and will soon become a staple of your Sunday lunch. Perfect served with roasted Mediterranean vegetables, and the cold cuts make for delicious sandwiches the next day.
To allow even more flavour to be absorbed during marination, allow the lamb to come to room temperature before you start dressing it.
- 1 x 2kg leg of lamb
- Small bunch of oregano
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the lamb in a large roasting tray, skin side up, and make small incisions all over the skin using a sharp knife.
- Mix together the oregano, rosemary, garlic, lemon and orange zest , 2 tbsps of lemon juice, 2 tbsps of orange juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl.
- Using a stick blender, blitz everything together and then spoon all over the lamb and rub in.
- Leave to sit for 45 minutes.
- Pour 1/2cm of recently boiled water into the bottom of the roasting tin, place in the oven and cook for the lamb for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Check sporadically to see if more water is needed, and tent with kitchen foil if the meat is beginning to catch.
- Remove the cooled lamb from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest it for 15-30 minutes before transferring to a board to carve.
Lead image: netrun78 via Getty images.