Perfect for a Saturday night Fake-away, try making your own version of this high street favourite.
For full-on doner mode (or to impress at a dinner party or barbecue) hold the kebab up using a roasting fork and carve slices off vertically!
For the kebabs:
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, coarsely grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Pitta breads
- Shredded cabbage
- Fresh tomatoes, quartered
- Pickled chillies
- Your choice of sauce (chilli, garlic, etc)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 6. Place all of your kebab ingredients into a food processor, season with salt and pepper and pulse until everything has combined.
- Brush a large sheet of oil with some vegetable oil and line with tin foil, tip the meat mixture onto the middle of the sheet and, using damp hands, mould it into a thick sausage shape. Then, roll the foil tightly, twisting the ends so that you have what resembles a Christmas cracker.
- Place in a roasting tin and cook for 35-40 minute, turning occasionally. Once out of the oven, leave to cool a little before removing the foil. Then, place back on the baking tray and slide under the grill until browned.
- Carve into thin slices and serve with warm pitta breads, salad, and any other accompaniments that take your fancy!
Lead image: Jelena990 via Getty images.