Consisting of just five ingredients, these koftas are ridiculously easy to make and will soon become a staple of any barbecue party.
If using wooden skewers, soak them for an hour first so that they won’t catch on the grill.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl, and mix together until well blended. Divide into eight balls, then roll each ball on a board with a cupped hand, shaping them into ovals.
- Thread the meatballs onto four skewers (two on each) and brush with oil.
- Heat a griddle pan until you can feel a good heat rising, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Do not turn until the meat is well sealed, otherwise the meat may stick to the pan.
- Season and set aside. Serve with flat breads and Greek yogurt.
Lead image: Elena_Danileiko via Getty images.