This decadent pudding is sure to wow guests at your dinner parties. Lemon and raspberries are the perfect flavour combination that will have you reaching for more!
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 200ml milk
- 100g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 190℃ / 170℃ fan / gas mark 5. Prepare the ramekins; thoroughly grease 5 ramekins with butter, then set to one side. In a large mixing bowl, use a stand mixer to combine the sugar, flour, egg yolks, and a pinch of salt. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, then gradually whisk in the milk.
- In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, and then fold this into the lemon mixture. Be careful not to over whisk; we want to keep all that lovely air you’ve just worked hard to get in the mixture. Gently spoon this into the prepared ramekins, and poke between 4-5 raspberries into each. You may need extra ramekins, depending on how large the ones you’ve chosen are.
- Place the ramekins in a small roasting tin, and pour enough boiling water into the tin to come halfway up the side of the ramekins, creating a bain-marie. Cook for between 15-20 minutes, or until puffed up and pale golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave for a few minutes to allow the bain-marie to cool. Carefully remove the ramekins from the bain-marie – the water may still be hot – and serve the lemon and raspberry puddings with cream and the remaining raspberries.
Lead image: Jupiterimages via Getty Images.