A truly decadent dessert, this fruity mango and passionfruit meringue roulade will wow your family and friends.
- 175g caster sugar
- 600ml double cream
- 400g passionfruit curd
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large mango, peeled, stoned, and diced, or 425g tinned mango, diced
- 2 passion fruits
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat your oven to 150℃/130℃ fan/gas mark 2. Line a 33 x 23cm swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper. In your Cooks Professional stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until frothy and they’ve doubled in bulk. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, a spoonful at a time, until the mixture is thick and shiny. In a bowl, combine the cornflour, vanilla extract, and vinegar, then whisk into the egg whites.
- Once the meringue mixture is ready, carefully spoon it into the prepared tin. Take care when levelling the surface, and try to keep as much of the air whisked into the eggs as possible. Bake meringue in the oven for 30 minutes until the surface is just about firm to the touch.
- While the meringue is cooking, prepare the whipped cream. Use your Cooks Professional stand mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set to one side.
- Remove the meringue from the oven and cover with more greaseproof paper for about 10 minutes. Dust a third sheet of greaseproof paper with icing sugar. Discard the one used to cover the warm meringue, and turn the meringue out onto the sugarcoated paper. Remove the paper lining the bottom – now top – of the meringue, and discard the now used paper.
- Spread the whipped cream over the meringue, and then the passionfruit curd. Scatter the diced mango and passionfruit over the top. Use the greaseproof paper to roll up the roulade from one short end, keeping the join underneath. Sift some icing sugar over the top for decoration, and serve with more double cream if desired.
Lead image: Lesyy via Getty Images.