Who can say no to scrumptious sticky chicken smothered in a tasty marinade? Our maple, mustard, and orange chicken is a fantastic midweek meal, or even perfect for a weekend barbecue.
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
For the marinade
- 1 large orange, zest only
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients, and use a balloon whisk to mix them all together. In a separate shallow bowl or roasting dish, arrange the chicken drumsticks. Pour over the marinade and allow to marinate overnight in the fridge, or for at least an hour if you didn’t want to prepare the day before.
- Preheat your oven to 220℃/200℃ fan/gas mark 7. Place the drumsticks on a wire rack placed over a roasting dish, keeping any excess marinade to one side. Roast the chicken drumsticks for roughly 30 minutes or until cooked through, making sure to turn and baste them with the remaining marinade halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately with a light summer salad, or your favourite side dish of choice.
Lead image: manyakotic via Getty Images.