A super easy to make vegetarian dish that is guaranteed to lift any spirits!
- 800g fresh gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 500g portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g creamy blue cheese (we recommend gorgonzola or Danish blue)
- Handful of basil, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and drop in the gnocchi, cooking according to packet instructions (usually around 3-5 minutes). Drain, and set to one side.
- Heat the oil and butter together in a large, lidded frying pan before throwing in the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute over a high heat, then reduce the heat to medium. Clamp the lid on and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the gnocchi, then scatter over the cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
Lead image: zi3000 via Getty images.