This vegetarian risotto uses a mixture of quinoa and rice for delicious, nutty flavour. It’s also super easy to make!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g mushroom, sliced
- 100g quinoa
- 1 litre of freshly made vegetable stock
- 175g risotto rice
- Handful of thyme, leaves only
- Handful of grated parmesan
- 50g rocket
- Take a medium sized frying pan and saute the mushroom for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the quinoa.
- Add a ladle of the vegetable stock, and stir everything together until the stock has absorbed.
- Now, chuck in the rice and add a ladle of stock at a time, stirring until absorbed in between pours, until all the stock has been used up.
- Stir in the thyme, and decant into bowls. Serve topped with the grated parmesan and rocket leaves.
Lead image: rjgrant via Getty images.