The perfect accompaniment to your Sunday roast beef, these little beauties come with an added, mustardy twist! These also make an extra special treat alongside your Boxing Day dinner.
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 medium eggs
- 1.5 tsp English mustard
- 225ml milk
- 75ml sparkling water
- Fat from roast beef, or olive oil
- Heat your oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / Gas Mark 7. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and the mustard, and then gradually mix into the flour.
- Slowly add in the milk and sparking water until you have a smooth batter.
- Add a little fat from the cooked beef (or olive oil, if using instead) to each hole of a muffin tray. Place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes, whereupon the oil be smoking.
- Remove from the oven and working quickly but carefully, pour enough batter into each hole to fill it three-quarters of the way up.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve alongside your Sunday roast.
Lead image: beachgringo via Getty Images.