Our peach cobbler is a tasty, no-fuss dessert that will hit the spot just right. Serve with lashings of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 tins peaches
- 120g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 150g plain flour
- 150g butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/160℃ fan/gas mark 4. Grease your Cooks Professional cast iron roasting dish with butter, then lay the drained peaches along the base. Sprinkle roughly 2 tbsp of the caster sugar and ground ginger over the peaches, then set the dish to one side.
- In your Cooks Professional stand mixer combine the flour, remaining caster sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix until combined, then add the cubed butter. Continue mixing until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the egg. Finish mixing until the ingredients come together to form a thick dough.
- Spoon the dough mixture in dollops over the prepared peaches. Make sure to create a good covering, but leave some gaps for the dough to spread into. Sprinkle a little bit of caster sugar over the top, then bake in the oven for roughly 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then serve with lashings of vanilla ice cream.
Lead image: Sarsmis via Getty Images.