A flaky, crisp pie crust adorned with juicy peaches. This is so simple to make, and one that the kids will enjoy getting involved with too!
- 300g plain flour + 2 tbsp extra
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g butter, cold, sliced
- 120ml cold water
- 750g fresh peaches, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g almond paste
- Blend together 300g of the flour, 2 tbsp sugar and the salt in a food processor, then add in the butter and pulse in short bursts until you have a crumbly mixture. Add in the water and quickly process, adding more water if necessary, until you have a soft dough. Form into a ball, wrap with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Toss the peaches with the vanilla and a sugar in a bowl, then gently stir in the extra 2 tbsp of flour.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / Gas Mark 7, and line a baking tray with parchment. Flour a surface and roll out 1/2 of the pastry to a thickness of around 3mm. Spread the almond paste in a small circle in the centre, then mound up half of the peaches on top. Fold the outer edges of the pastry round over the filling by about 7cm, then transfer to your baking tray. Repeat with the remaining ingredients so that you have two galletes.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden, and allow to cool completely before serving.
Lead image: undefined undefined via Getty images.