Perfect for a speedy lunch or dinner, the combination of avocados, almonds and lemon make a gorgeous creamy sauce for this meat-free meal. You can, of course, use any pasta you wish but penne is perfect for collecting any excess sauce on your plate.
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 25g almonds
- 1 clove of garlic
- Handful of fresh basil
- 300g penne pasta
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Pop the avocado into a food processor along with the lemon zest and juice, almonds, garlic and half the basil. Pulse until smooth, then set aside in the fridge.
- Cook your chosen pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain. Return to the pan and tip in the avocado sauce, then top with the remaining basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan.
Lead image: LarisaBlinova via Getty images.