Italy meets Mexico! These pizza quesadillas are ideal for a Saturday night homemade takeaway, and also make fantastic leftovers for lunch boxes.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh oregano
- Handful of fresh basil
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of prosciutto, diced
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4, and line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a blender, add the chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano and basil and pulse until you have a smooth sauce. Leave to one side.
- Lay two tortillas side by side on the prepared baking tray, and spread each one with 4 tbsp of the sauce. Sprinkle with equal amounts of mozzarella and prosciutto, and then lay the remaining two tortillas on top of each prepared one.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortillas a golden brown. Slice into quarters and serve.
Lead image: Shaiith via Getty images.