A modern classic, this avocado toast recipe is the perfect addition to any Sunday brunch.
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 50g feta
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Bring a large saucepan to the boil, then pour in the vinegar and reduce the heat to a simmer. Using a spoon, swirl the water to create a spiraling whirlpool the crack in both the eggs and cook for 2.5 minutes.
- Whilst your eggs are cooking, mash together the avocado, feta, chilli flakes and lemon juice in a small bowl and season well. Pop the bread in a toaster.
- Spread the avocado mixture over the toast, then pop a poached egg on top of each slice.
Lead image: robynmac via Getty Images.