The sunny weather calls for an equally sunny dish. Made with prawns and mango, along with a gorgeous dressing, this light summer salad is packed full of Thai inspired flavour that is guaranteed to bring some sunshine to your plate!
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 85g salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 mangoes, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g prawns, peeled
- 2 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar. Add the shallots and 3/4 of the peanuts and mix well. Cover, and set to one side.
- Peel your mango and, using a mandoline or potato peeler, peel the flesh into ribbons. Add this to the bowl of marinade along with the chopped mint.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the prawns and stir fry quickly until they are pink all over.
- Scatter the shredded lettuce over a serving plate or bowl, and spoon the mango mixture in the centre. Add the prawns on top, then finish with a scattering of the remaining peanuts and spring onions.
Lead image: LarisaBlinova via Getty images.