A punchy dish packed full of flavours, our pumpkin risotto is the perfect midweek meal if you want something delicious in a hurry. Serve with extra sprinklings of parmesan for a hearty meal to fill you and the family up!
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 60ml white wine
- 40g unsalted butter
- 60g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ celery stalk
- 1 spring rosemary
- 1 small onion, diced
- Put the vegetable stock in your Cooks Professional saucepan and simmer over a low heat.
- In a clean Cooks Professional saucepan, heat the olive oil. Fry the diced onion, rosemary, and celery until the vegetables soften. Add the rice to the saucepan, making sure to stir it well so that the rice is coated in oil. Add the wine and continue stirring until it evaporates.
- Add the prepared pumpkin to the rice and vegetable mixture with a ladle full of stock and cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously until the stock has been absorbed. Add another ladle of stock and repeat for the next 20 minutes or so, until the rice is cooked.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the parmesan and butter. Divide the risotto equally between your Cooks Professional bowls and serve with another sprinkling of parmesan. Serve immediately.
Lead image: Mariha-kitchen via Getty Images.