- 1 red bell pepper, roasted over the flames/oven
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 slice firm bread, torn into pieces
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp balasmic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, as per taste
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Roast the pepper either over the flames or in the oven.
- Cut roasted pepper into large pieces. In a small skillet toast cumin over low heat, stirring constantly until very fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a Cooks Professional 1000W food processor with knife blade attached, process walnuts until ground.
- Add rest of the ingredients including pepper and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with toasted pita bread wedges or lavash.