Super easy to make. Gooey, chocolately and simply irresistible. Perfect for afternoon teas and bake sales, and one that the kids will love helping out with!
If you’re unable to find mini marshmallows for this, then chopped up full sized ones are just as good.
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 135g butter
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g mini marshmallows
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Grease and line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until they’re broken up. You’re looking for a mixture of biscuit dust and larger broken biscuit pieces.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter along with the dark chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until there are no lumps of chocolate visible. Remove from the heat, and leave to cool.
- Take the biscuit crumbs and marshmallows, and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill for at least 2 hours, then dust with the icing sugar and cut into 12 equal pieces.
Lead image: istetiana via Getty images.