Is there anything better than salted caramel? No, we don’t think so either. This easy-to-make sauce is perfect drizzled over cake, ice cream, apple pie – anything really! Give it a go and see for yourself.
- 75g unsalted butter
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 125ml double cream
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes (you may want to add more depending on your personal preference for saltiness!)
- Melt together the butter, sugars and syrup in saucepan and let everything simmer together for about 3 minutes, swirling the pan ocassionally.
- Pour in the cream along with half a teaspoon of salt flakes, and give everything a stir. Taste for salt levels (carefully, as it will be hot) and add more if required.
- Pour into a jar for serving and storing.
Image source: NJSirano via Getty images.