This classic shortbread recipe is super easy to make, and is the perfect accompaniment to any Burns Night celebration!
- 300g soft butter
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 140g rice flour
- Whizz together the butter and sugar in a food processor until you have a smooth mixture. Then tip in both of the flours and blitz again until everything comes together.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface then, using a rolling pin, roll the mixture out. Grab a biscuit cutter and cut into rounds, then bring the leftover dough together, reform and roll again to cut out more rounds.
- Cover with cling film and smooth over to remove any wrinkles. Pop in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 days.
- Heat your oven to 180°C / 160°C / Gas Mark 4. Remove the cling film from the tray and then lightly prick the shortbread all over with a fork.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the top, then place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Keep stored in an airtight container.
Lead image: KateSmirnova via Getty images.