This easy-to-make, slow cooked curry is sure to be a family favourite. Packed full of flavour, the creamy, spiced tomato sauce is the perfect partner for the irresistibly tender chunks of chicken. Serve with rice and naan bread for the perfect #fakeaway treat.
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Small knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground fenugreek
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 250ml chicken stock
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Mix together the lemon juice, ground cumin, paprika, chilli powder and yogurt in a bowl and season well. Add in the chopped chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover, and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Take a large saucepan and heat the butter. Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger together for around 10 minutes until soft.
- Tip in the rest of the spices, along with the tomato puree and cook for another couple of minutes, then add the stock and the marinated chicken.
- Mix everything together well, then pour into a slow cooker. Cook for 6-7 hours on a low setting until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Serve with rice, naan breads and top with the toasted almonds.
Lead image: rez-art via Getty images.