- Prep:30 mins
- Cook:2 hrs and 30 mins – 3 hrs
- Serves 4
Make this low-calorie veggie lasagne as a lighter alternative to the traditional bake. It’s layered with pasta, ratatouille and sliced aubergine, and packs in all of your five-a-day
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large courgettes, diced (400g)
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 15g fresh basil, chopped plus a few leaves
- 1 large aubergine, sliced across length or width for maximum surface area
- 6 wholewheat lasagne sheets (105g)
- 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella, chopped
- STEP 1-Heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a Cooks Professional Salute Pan and fry 2 sliced onions and 2 chopped large garlic cloves for 5 mins, stirring frequently until softened.
- STEP 2-Tip in 2 diced large courgettes, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, both roughly sliced, and 400g chopped tomatoes with 2 tbsp tomato purée, 2 tsp vegetable bouillon and 15g chopped basil.
- STEP 3-Stir well, cover and cook for 5 mins. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid as plenty of moisture will come from the vegetables once they start cooking.
- STEP 4-Slice 1 large aubergine. Lay half the slices of aubergine in the base of the slow cooker and top with 3 sheets of lasagne.
- STEP 5-Add a third of the ratatouille mixture, then the remaining aubergine slices, 3 more lasagne sheets, then the remaining ratatouille mixture.
- STEP 6-Cover and cook on High for 2½ – 3 hours until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Turn off the machine.
- STEP 7-Scatter 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella over the vegetables then cover and leave for 10 mins to settle and melt the cheese.
- STEP 8-Scatter with extra basil and serve with a handful of rocket.