Impress your family and friends with this low-effort, high-reward Sunday lunch favourite.
- 4kg boneless pork shoulder, rind on and scored
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 4 large potatoes, halved
- The day before, pat the pork dry with kitchen paper. Whizz together the garlic, paprika, oil and lemon juice in a food processor along with a pinch of salt. Rub this marinade all over the pork and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Heat your oven to 150°C / 130°C / Gas Mark 2. Place your potatoes in a large roasting tray and sit the pork on top. Pour over any marinade with 300ml water, cover with foil and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove the foil from the joint, increase the oven temperature to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4, and cook for a further hour.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 20-30 minutes, then serve.
Lead image: fotek via Getty images.